Situated in the picturesque World Heritage Kuranda Rainforest, Rainforest Lakes by Rainforestation is an absolutely stunning wedding venue, with lush rainforest, palm trees and manicured grounds as far as the eye can see. Also on the grounds of this breathtaking, tropical wedding venue are a charming lake with a fountain, fruit orchard with stylish rotunda, and several restaurants for you to host your wedding reception.
Wedding receptions at Rainforest Lakes can be held in either the charming pavilion, the large, rustic Outback Restaurant, the light-filled Colonial Restaurant or the Treehouse Restaurant, complete with a fig tree containing a treehouse - which adds to the rainforest theme perfectly. Whatever your reception location, your guests will be privy to some seriously sumptuous culinary offerings, served in your desired style - be that cocktail style, buffet, alternate drop or feasting style.
The setting of this beautiful, scenic wedding venue is second to none: With palm tree dotted hills, a calming and serene lake, and lush, towering foliage surrounding the property, this high-quality, exquisite venue is a terrific place to marry your beloved.
“Rainforest Lake’s offers a truly exceptional experience, from your introduction to our beautiful estate, through the organisational process to your seamless, stress-free wedding day, that brings all your dreams and visions together.” Rainforest Lakes
What you can expect when working with Rainforest Lakes by Rainforestation for your Cairns wedding:
- Beautiful venue. There’s no doubt about it, Rainforest Lakes is an absolutely spectacular, stunning wedding venue. With plenty of natural beauty, a private, secluded location, magnificent rainforest views, and a picturesque lake with a magical fountain also on the grounds, this tropical, Cairns-based wedding venue is very easy on the eyes.
- Ceremony locations. There are a handful of beautiful, versatile ceremony location options to choose from at Rainforest Lakes, with all of these choices able to be dressed up or down. You might like to say ‘I do’ under swaying palm trees, or with the wild rainforest behind you, or even in the fairytale-like Founders Pavilion - the choice is yours!
- Reception choices. Couples will have the choice between four stylish areas for their wedding reception: Colonial Restaurant, Outback Restaurant, Treehouse Restaurant and the delightful Founders Pavilion, for more intimate occasions. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with these versatile and romantic venues!
- Delicious fare. Well, the food at Rainforest lakes is certainly a big highlight! Couples and their loved ones will be served mouthwatering meals and delicious drinks - in your preferred style, of course. You'll just love the extensive range of menu items and flexible catering options.
Here’s what else you need to know about Rainforest Lakes by Rainforestation.
- Wedding packages. Rainforest Lakes offers a reception-only package and a full wedding package too, including the ceremony and reception. The convenient reception package includes delectable dining and refreshing drinks, with couples able to have their say in how this is served - whether that’s cocktail style, alternate drop, a shared feast or buffet.
- Wet weather option. If rain should fall on your wedding day, a wet weather ceremony and reception option can be arranged! So you can rest assured that no matter what the weather has in store for you on your wedding day, you’ll still have a beautifully styled ceremony and dry shoes!
- Location. Rainforest Lakes is situated in the picturesque World Heritage Kuranda Rainforest in sunny Cairns, so it feels secluded and private. Having said that, it is also close to town, shops and is located roughly half an hour from Cairns airport - perfect for out-of-towners.
- Terrific service. The team at Rainforest Lakes by Rainforestation are lovely, helpful and oh-so passionate about their jobs! No query is too small for this hardworking bunch, and they'll get back to you in a timely manner, too!
Our ceremony package includes:
- One hour venue hire
- 20 chairs
- Signing table with 2 chairs
- Set up and pack down
- Wet weather option
- An esky filled with ice, drinks and glassware for a wedding party of up to 4 people to sip on while having photos taken within the grounds of Rainforest Lakes
Reception package includes:
- Choice of buffet menu, alternating drop menu, cocktail menu or feasting menu
- Venue hire, with multiple sites to choose from
- Bridal table with skirt, tablecloth and chairs
- Guest tables with tablecloth and chairs
- Cake table with knife
- Easel for seating plan
- Service staff throughout event
- Onsite wedding coordinator
What’s your max capacity for a reception?
In the largest of the reception spaces, Rainforest Lakes can cater for up to 350 wedding guests banquet style if there is no dancefloor, and 300 guests if there is a dancefloor. Alternatively, the maximum number of wedding guests for a cocktail style wedding is 600.
Do you have a ceremony only option?
Our ceremony package is bet paired with one of our reception options & does not come stand-alone. The Rainforest Lakes ceremony package includes venue hire, 20 chairs and a signing table, among other convenient inclusions.