Situated in Angaston, South Australia, Thorn-Clarke Wines is a beautiful, refreshing wedding venue in the heart of Barossa Valley, one of Australia’s premier wine regions. This gorgeous venue is surrounded by towering, native trees and offers a stunning vineyard setting - it’s absolutely breathtaking. Complementing the rustic scenery are the incredible, flavoursome wines. Thorn-Clarke, of course, offers outstanding wine and drinks - but somehow, their service is even better than the wine! With a dedicated functions team, on-site parking and resident chief winemaker, Thorn-Clarke Wines is a brilliant, versatile wedding venue.
“Beautiful little place with delicious, unique wines of all types, as well as a yummy fortified! Perfect spot to have a taste, a nibble and take in the scenery.” James
What you can expect when working with Thorn-Clarke Wines for your South Australian wedding:
- Beautiful venue. Thorn-Clarke Wines offers couples a gorgeous vineyard wedding venue, complete with rustic, country charm. This expansive property features grassy fields, native trees and, of course, a stunning vineyard - perfect for taking wedding photographs in.
- Tranquil location. This incredible property is situated in South Australia’s beautiful Barossa Valley - a premier wine region - and effectively offers guests a quiet, serene setting away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You’ll enjoy the charming countryside and fresh air at this peaceful venue.
- Delicious wines. Of course, no winery wedding venue would be complete without absolutely delicious wines - something Thorn-Clarke Wines excel at making. An extensive range of delicious, quality wines are available for couples to choose from for their reception - and they're all top-notch!
- Tailored catering packages. Thorn-Clarke Wines' preferred caterer is the ever-so talented Sprout Catering team. This impressive collection of professional chefs can work with you to create a tailored catering package that you’re happy with - whether you’re after hearty, filling fare or exquisite, plated dishes followed by mouthwatering dessert. Alternatively, you are more than welcome to bring in your own caterer - it's entirely up to you!
- Photography locations. On this gorgeous property are a plethora of scenic, breathtaking locations to have your wedding photography - your photographer will be spoiled for choice! From grassy fields to the gorgeous vineyard, there are many, many options to choose from.
Here’s what else you need to know about Thorn-Clarke Wines.
- Chief winemaker. Thorn-Clarke Wines’ chief winemaker, Peter Kelly, is an award-winning winemaker - he’s definitely the person you want making wine that will be served at your wedding. Kelly graduated from the University of Adelaide with a winemaking degree, and since then has won the Wine Society ‘Young Winemaker of the Year’ award and was Dux of the Australian Wine Research Institute’s Advanced Wine Assessment Course. Recently, Peter has been a judge on the wine show, Circuit. Talk about impressive...
- Dedicated function team. The team at Thorn-Clarke Wines will happily help you through the wedding planning process, ensuring you have a stress-free experience. From organising caterer arrival times to helping you work through logistics, the dedicated events team will help you design the wedding of your dreams.
- Wine tastings. If you’re wanting to try some of the family’s delicious wines before your wedding day, then you’re more than welcome to invite your friends and family to a wine tasting. With a booking, Thorn-Clarke Wines are more than happy to accommodate this experience. Now, down to the important stuff: red or white?
- Family business. The Thorn-Clarke family have been making tasty wine since 2001, but this family are actually sixth generation grape growers/viticulturists! Today, the Clarke family is one of the Barossa Valley’s largest grape growers and winemakers, with 270 hectares of vineyard spread across four sites in the Barossa and Eden Valleys.
“What a great time at Thorn-Clarke Wines, the wines are interesting, the Ron Thorn Shiraz is amazing. Service was great and Marilyn was generous with her time, highly recommend a visit to this small winery.” Jenny